Monday, April 23, 2012

Spooky's Black Cat Cafe - Pulled Pork on Waffles


Spooky’s Black Cat Café is located in the Milk District on Robinson and Primrose. It is the same people that own the Milk Bar and the Social Chameleon and I recently went there for lunch.


The ATMOSPHERE… Best to just look at the photo of the interior and see for your self.
The SERVICE… Our server was dressed as a sexy Witch and was very friendly and personable
The FOOD… They have a small, eclectic menu offering a couple of Indian dishes, and couple of Vegetarian dishes, and a couple Comfort food dishes. I like all of those things so I was in luck.


I finally decided on the Pulled Pork on Waffles (Pulled Pork slow cooked in Milk Stout Beer topped with Cilantro Chimichurri Sauce with choice of side and our sweet and spicy BBQ Sauce on the side - $9) I had the Mac and Cheese as my side item.
When my food arrived I was slightly concerned that the portion size was not large enough but I did think it looked interesting. The pork tasted pretty good and the sauces were a nice touch! The waffle was “nothing special” and although I really liked the Mac and Cheese I felt like there wasn’t enough of it. However I did think that overall the odd combination of flavors worked well together and I did eat every bite. (I just wished there were a couple more bites on the plate)
It is a nice place to go if you are looking for something a little bit different, but I would be surprised if anyone called Spooky’s their “favorite restaurant”. That being said I would like to go back someday and try another one of their menu items, I’m just not sure how soon I am going to rush back.
Spooky's Black Cat Café and Milk District Marketplace on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment