Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Eatery - Ricotta Meatloaf



Eatery is a restaurant featuring American Comfort food that is located in West Midtown at 9th and 53rd street. I have often walked by it while I was visiting New York City, but I finally had lunch there and am delighted that I did!


The ATMOSPHERE… simple décor, plenty of tables, outdoor seating available for nice weather
The SERVICE… Our server Casey could not have been better! Polite, courteous and helpful.
The FOOD… Soups, Salads, Sandwiches and Entrees, Full Bar


We were greeted and seated and then they brought out their “Chips” which were made with Puffed Rice, Black Sesame Seeds and a little Sugar. They had an interesting taste and texture that was really addicting and different.
After looking at the menu and seeing several things that looked good (including the prices) I was still having trouble making up my mind. Our server Casey directed me in the way of the Ricotta Meatloaf saying that, “I couldn’t go wrong with that choice.” He was right! The Ricotta gave the Meatloaf a light texture, but it also had a heavy flavor, which is exactly how I think Meatloaf should be! It was served on top of Red Bliss Mashed Potatoes, with Pecorino Sauce, Over Dried Grape Tomatoes and Balsamic Reduction ($12.95).




I ate every bite!



My Mom just wanted some vegetables so she had a side order of Asparagus that she thought was fresh, tender and cooked to perfection, as well as an order of their Red Bliss Mashed Potatoes.


My Dad had the Chipotle BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich (with Cheddar Cheese, Apple and Pear Slaw on a Brioche Bun with Sweet Potato Fries). This was one of the featured “lunch specials” so for $10.95 it also included a beverage. I ended up eating about half of his sandwich because it was so good as well as too much for him to finish.

All in all we really enjoyed Eatery. It was such a nice combination of Atmosphere, Service and Food (the key to a great restaurant) and when the total bill (including tip) for three people is less then $45 it is also a great deal!



Eatery on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment