Thursday, May 24, 2012

Tamarind Indian Cuisine


Tamarind Indian Cuisine is located in the K Mart plaza at the intersection of 1792 and Lee road. We arrived right at 11:30am on a Sunday and were the first ones there, but by the time we left the place was full. They must be doing something right!


The ATMOSPHERE… slightly ornate decorations, but still very casual
The SERVICE… courteous and friendly
The FOOD… a wide variety of Indian dishes to chose from. Chicken, Vegetarian, Lamb or Seafood dishes, Naan, Dosa or Tandoor


The people that I was dining with were all Indian and they know what I like so I just let them order. I am not going to pretend to remember what my dish was called, but I can tell you that I loved it.
The fresh, tender Chicken was in a thick, creamy and flavorful tomato-based sauce that had just enough spice. The presentation was nice and I liked all of the side dishes that came with it.


I also tried their Dosa and Naan, which were both very good.


I often crave Indian Food and although I have tried many different restaurants I am often disappointed with either the freshness of ingredients or the lack of flavor, but I must say that Tamarind is one of the best that I have been to on both accounts.



Tamarind Indian Cuisine on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment