Sunday, May 13, 2012

Sac's Place - Gnocchi Quattro Formaggio


I recently made my first trip to Queens to meet an old friend. She suggested that we go to one of her local (Astoria) favorite restaurants that offered “Italian Home Cooking” and as we walked in to Sac’s Place I understood what she meant.


The ATMOSPHERE… small, clean and quaint, with both indoor and outdoor seating options
The SERVICE… Friendly and efficient
The FOOD… Fresh Ingredients, No Canned Sauces, Hand Made (in house) Pastas, Traditional Italian Dishes!


I let my friend select our appetizer and my entree because I figured that she would know best.
The complimentary Bread Basket they served consisted of pieces of Foccacia and Tomato Foccacia, which was awesome because it gave us an idea of how their Pizza tastes.


We started with the Carciofini Fritti (Baby Artichokes “crispy fried” $11.95) which was fresh and flavorful.


Then my friend and I both ordered the Gnocchi Quattro Formaggio (Pasta made with Potatoes and Semolina with four cheese: Ricotta, Reggiano Parmigiana, Fontina, Gorgonzola $14.95) It was rich and cheesy, so good that I practically liked the bowl when I was done.


My mother ordered the Eggplant Parmigiana (Eggplant baked with marinara sauce and Mozzarella $16.95) and she thought it was the best Eggplant that she had ever had. I had a couple of bites and I have to agree that it was quite good!


And my Dad had the Gamberi Scampi (Shrimp in a Garlic Butter White Wine Sauce $19.95) that he was very happy with.

When it was all said and done the bill (including tip) was $100 even, and there were four of us so it averaged out to be $25 per head, which I thought was not bad considering how fresh and delicious everything was!
Highly recommended!

Sac's Place on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment