Saturday, June 30, 2012

Mimi's Cafe - Le Grand Bleu Burger


I have eaten at Mimi’s Café several times and usually thought it was pretty good. I have only had one bad experience at Mimi’s but that was out of town and it was service related, not food related.

The ATMOSPHERE… the best word to describe it would have to be “Cutesy”
The SERVICE… On this occasion we had a server that was still in training, yet still he was very good.
The FOOD… Breakfasts, Sandwiches, Entrees, Fresh Baked Goods 


On a recent lunch there with my parents I saw that they were offering a Two Course Lunch for only $10.99 (so basically your entrée included a soup or salad). I feel like this is a pretty good value. I recalled their Corn Chowder being pretty good so I looked for a Burger that sounded good so that I could get this deal.
I decided on Le Grand Bleu Burger (100% Ground Chuck Burger with a French Onion Sauce, Bleu Cheese Crumbles, Bacon and Grilled Onions). It was served with Lettuce, Tomato and Pickles and I chose Kettle Chips as my side.


The Corn Chowder was delicious as always, Thick, Creamy and Buttery!



I was delighted with how the Burger looked when it was brought to the table and I could not wait to sink my teeth in to it. Sadly though upon first bite I was a little underwhelmed. The Ground Chuck Burger was just OK, and I couldn’t even taste the Bleu Cheese, or Bacon due to the overpowering French Onion sauce, which I didn’t even enjoy the flavor of. I was also hoping that at least the Kettle Chips would have been good but I found them to be under-seasoned! This particular meal was just not going to work out.


I found myself wishing that I had ordered something else on the menu. I like their Quiche and their Breakfasts, and I even tried some of the Chicken Madeira Crepes that my Dad had ordered and they were also good. So ultimately I would say “Yes” to Mimi’s, but “No” to their Burgers.

Mimi's Café on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. telltims.com Survey Validation Code
    About Tim Hortons
    This Canadian fast food restaurant bears the name of its founder, a hockey player who was active in the NHL throughout the 1950s and beyond. It actually started as a doughnut shop but the menu expanded in response to the changing market.
    Throughout its history, it has undergone massive corporate upheavals including mergers with Wendy’s and Burger King. There are also partnerships with Stone Cold Creamery and the military. It has several locations outside of Canada including many in the US, UK and Asia.

    timss sample questions
    www.telltims.com

    ReplyDelete