Monday, July 7, 2014

Napa Valley Wine Train - Napa, California



I'm going to make this review simple.
When planning our trip to Napa Valley we thought that the Wine Train would be a nice outing (which it was) and we thought that the lunch that was included would be just okay.
By no means did we expect it to be so gourmet or so delicious.




My first course was a Baby Lettuce Salad, with Candied Walnuts and Smoked Goat Cheese, in a Honey Cider Vinaigrette.
This salad was a great mix of rich, sweet and salty and served as an awesome beginning to my meal.



Second course was Porcini Encrusted Breast of Chicken on Sautéed Potatoes and Baby Spinach in an Avocado Cream.
This dish was also served with Carrots, Micro Greens and Sliced Avocados. I couldn't believe how fresh everything tasted, especially considering the fact that we were eating on a train.



Then after our tour of the Grgich Hills Winery we were seated in the lounge car for coffee and dessert on the return trip.
I had the Chocolate Tiramisu with Toasted Almonds.
I also was not expecting this to be very special, but once again I was proven wrong.
What was brought out was a small chocolate dome dusted with cocoa powder and surrounded by almonds, and when I took my first bite it busted with sweet cream and coffee flavored cake.
It was super satisfying.





The Wine Train was just as nice as I had hoped it was going to be, and the food far surpassed my expectations on both quality and flavor.
This is definitely a great outing to take while enjoying the Napa Valley!

Napa Valley Wine Train on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment