Saturday, October 11, 2014

Howley's - West Palm Beach




On a recent trip to West Palm Beach we asked a friend who lives there where we could go to get a good late night bite to eat.
She sent us to Howley’s, a place that has been a staple in the area since 1950.




The following words come to mind when I think of the décor at Howley’s.

Eclectic




Quirky




Kitschy




and Fun!




The walls are filled with local art for sale and the menu is that of a greasy spoon diner.

We started with the Hummus Platter (with grilled naan bread $6.95)
What a peculiar presentation.
Naan, piled with a large dollop of Hummus and then decorated with crudités.
It looked atrocious and the flavor of the Hummus was not good at all.
However even with this disastrous appetizer we still liked this place.




As for entrees I decided on the Patty Melt.
(The burger you love on griddled rye bread with sautéed onions, swiss cheese and thousand island dressing $8.75)
For my side I chose Onion Rings, and although when they arrived and there was only three of them I thought I would be disappointed but they were crispy and quite substantial. The Patty Melt itself was decent and I was actually content with my meal.




My friend ordered the Steak and Eggs.
(Steak, Eggs, French Fries and Toast $12.75)




and a side of Mama’s Hot Cakes ($5.95)

The Steak was not only very fatty, but was also brought to the table cold.
She sent it back to the kitchen to be heated up but still didn’t really like the way it tasted and didn’t care for the quality of the meat.
The Hot Cakes were actually pretty good.
(I had a bite)



Regardless of us not actually loving our food we still had a nice time and definitely left full.
We might have just ordered the wrong things.
I bet if we found ourselves in West Palm Beach again we would probably go back.

Howley's on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. I am fast food lover and i like to taste the special foof of different West Palm Beach restaurants.And thanks to share your food experience!

    ReplyDelete