Saturday, October 25, 2014

Leaky Cauldron - Universal Studios



Universal Studios recently opened up Diagon Alley with new Harry Potter themed attractions so you know that meant they also had to open up new dining options as well.
Leaky Cauldron is their latest restaurant offering fast casual options.




First off you go up to the counter and place your order.




Then you are seated and your food is brought out to you.




I decided to drink I would get the Lemon Squash ($4.79)
It was pretty good, but was really just a glorified lemonade.
Damn those theme park prices!




For my meal I ordered the Cottage Pie Platter ($11.99)




This is a Sheppard’s Pie with a Side Salad. For a massed produced Sheppard’s Pie it actually tasted quite good. I always hate eating off of plastic utensils but that was my biggest complaint about the dish itself. The Salad was basic field greens, with a roasted tomato and a packet of Ken’s Salad Dressing. There was nothing special about the Salad, but it was a nice alternative to greasy fries.



Theme Parks make a fortune on their food. In most cases the food is awful and the prices are high. Although it is not exactly what I would call cheap I will say that at least the Leaky Cauldron’s food tasted pretty good.

Leaky Cauldron on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment