Tuesday, October 14, 2014

OakWood Smokehouse



My parents live in Lake County and their favorite restaurant to dine at is OakWood Smokehouse and Grill.
On a recent visit they decided to take me there to show me their favorite BBQ.




First off when you walk in you realize that you are definitely in Lake County.
The walls are covered with “Hunting” and “Fishing” photos, and there is a stuffed animal (Taxidermy) in every possible nook or cranny.





I know several people that would be completely turned off by this and would probably turn around and leave, but once again I say, “This is Lake County!” LOL

Now on the Food Review.

We started with Fried Pickles ($5.99)
They were extremely hot when brought to the table, but once we let them cool a little they were crispy and flavorful. Served with Ranch Dressing.




That night they were offering a special on their awards winning Ribs.
Full Rack with two Sides and Garlic Toast for $13.49 (normally $16.49)
This is my Dad’s favorite thing to order at OakWood.




Although I don’t normally eat meat on the bone I did have a small taste and I did think there were tender. I didn’t taste any of his sides but he said they were good.




On the table they do offer a couple of BBQ Sauces, I tried them both and thought they were just OK (but nothing special) but everyone else there sure seemed to like them.




My Mom ordered the Chicken Cobb Salad ($8.99) and they ended up sharing their meals, and still had some to take home with them for a late night snack.




I wanted to play it a little safe and ordered the Southern Fried Chicken Tender Platter (with two Sides and Garlic Toast $10.49).
Although the taste was decent, I would be surprised if they didn’t come pre-made and were just dropped in the deep fryer. They seemed a little bland and basic.
For my sides I chose the Corn Salad and the Mac & Cheese.
They were also both decent, but nothing spectacular.



I can see why locals go here because the surrounding options are limited, but I am glad that I have similar concept-restaurants with far superior food located closer to where I live.

OakWood Smokehouse & Grill on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment