Tuesday, October 7, 2014

The Lucky Dill


So I was visiting my friends again in Tampa and they decided to take me to The Lucky Dill in Palm Harbor because they thought I would like it. All that was explained to me was that it was a Jewish-Style Deli and had large portions.




When you first walk in you see a huge dessert case with the hostess stand.




Then when you look to the left you see another dessert case, but really an entire dessert room.
It was obvious to me that we would be stopping by here on the way out.
Clearly they wanted you to know that not only were you to dine there, but you were also to leave with some bonus bakery items.



We were seated in one of the large dining rooms and were promptly greeted.




Our server (receipt says Vinny) was quick at bringing our beverages, along with fresh rolls (Delicious!).
He was prompt and helpful with answering questions and giving suggestions.




We started with an order of the Soho Rolls.
(Crispy Egg Rolls filled with Shredded Chicken, Jalapeno, Red Bell Pepper, Black Beans, Corn, and Cheddar Jack, a cool Sour Cream to dip $7.99)
There were three of them (so we each got to have our own) and they were quite large (Photo does not do justice to how big they were).
The flavors were bold and we practically inhaled them.




Now as we looked over the menu I noticed that not only were there a million different things to choose from, but they all sounded really good.
I had a feeling that the sandwiches were going to be large so I decided on one without meat (in hopes to eat it all).
I got the Awesome Avocado & Veggie!
(Thinly sliced Avocado, ripe Roma Tomato, thinly sliced Cucumber, Red Onion and Arugala. Topped with Sprouts, Havarti and crumbled Blue Cheese on toasted Multigrain, served with Tropical Fruit Medley $9.99)




Did I like it? Let’s just say I didn’t hate it.
Would I get it again? Nope.
I loved all the different Veggies that were on it and the overall size of it.
(I still had to take half of it home in a box)
I also loved that there were two different cheeses on it and they did not “skimp” on either of them.
I would have liked to have had it slightly grilled or toasted so that the cheese could have melted a little, however what I mostly did not like about it was that the Avocado was not ripe enough and was still too hard to eat.
(When an Avocado is fully ripened it is soft and creamy – almost spreadable)
The Fruit that accompanied it was also underwhelming.



Now on to my friend’s meals…..
One had the Chicken Philly
(Chicken, Mushrooms, Peppers & Onions on an authentic Philly Roll smothered with melted Provolone and Cheddar, served with Fries $9.99)




And the other had the Oven Roasted Turkey Breast Sandwich ($10.99)
(I think looking at the picture is better then any menu description I could copy and paste here. Check out the ridiculous amount of Turkey they put on these sandwiches)

They both were pleased with their sandwiches.




Now one thing that was a pretty cool feature of The Lucky Dill is that when you order an entrée and a drink you get a complimentary Dessert!
Wow – I love free stuff!
Now they only give you a couple of choices, I believe it was a Cheesecake or a Apple Pastry of some type, but who cares? It is free.
When they came out they were actually quite small and basic, however we were stuffed and really didn’t need any Dessert any way so they were actually the perfect size.
(Sorry there are NO PICTURES, we were so excited that we devoured them before I could snap a photo LOL)
I feel that this is another of their clever ways to entice you in to buying extra Desserts as you leave.



Even though I would order something different the next time I still really enjoyed The Lucky Dill. There are plenty of other items on the menu that looked good, the prices are pretty good (especially considering how large their portions are) and the free Desserts are a definite added bonus.

Lucky Dill Deli on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment