Monday, October 24, 2011

AZ 88 - Burger Alfredo





While vacationing in Phoenix there was one particular day where we had some activities planned in Scottsdale. I knew that we would need to find a delicious place to have an early dinner so I visited Urbanspoon to help me pick out the perfect place. I decided on AZ 88, and I am very glad that I did!
The ATMOSPHERE… Full Bar, Interesting Artwork, Modern Furniture, and some of the most peculiar Bathrooms that I have ever seen.
The SERVICE… Our server was excellent; friendly, helpful and full of spunk, and she also gave us plenty of recommendations for local things to do later that evening.
The FOOD… Appetizers, Salads, Burgers, Sandwiches, Desserts and Great Cocktails!
We started with the Hell’s Fire Chips (Homemade chips, sprinkled with melted bleu cheese and hot sauce - $7) This was one of the most enjoyable appetizers that I have ever had! The crispy chips were sturdy and individually layered with the perfect amount of bleu cheese and hot sauce. Their flavor was perfect and they stand out as a highlight of my vacation. The Burgers at AZ 88 are served in a basket with waffle fries, crudite, and fruit. I decided on the Burger Alfredo (with tomato slices, fresh spinach, and a sauce of parmesan cheese, butter and spices) Although I loved the presentation, I was slightly disappointed with the Burger. The Beef itself was pretty good, everything seemed fresh, but still somehow it seemed a little “blah”. The sauce was not what I would consider to be ALFREDO sauce, and seemed more like a little butter and some sprinkled Parmesan. I guess I just feel that a Burger that is called “Burger Alfredo” should be dripping with Cheese Sauce and be a little greasier then it was. (My God, am I complaining about being too healthy?) I guess it is just a matter of opinion. Now with all of this being said, I still really enjoyed AZ 88. The combination of Service, Atmosphere, and that Amazing Appetizer made it worthwhile. If I were in the area again it would be a place that I would want to return, so thumbs up on a great experience!
AZ 88 on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment