Monday, October 17, 2011

Flying Star Cafe - Blues Burger


The Flying Star Café is one of Albuquerque’s local gems that started in 1987, and has expanded into several locations over the years. After seeing the reviews on Urbanspoon I knew that I had to visit this place during my vacation. I ended up at the Downtown Flying Star, and as soon as I stepped foot inside I was glad that I did.
The ATMOSPHERE… This two-story building is quite large offering spacious booths, free WIFI, a large magazine section, and a rentable conference room.
The SERVICE… You order and pay at the counter downstairs, then you are given a number and your food is brought to your table. We chose to sit outside on the patio upstairs wondering if the runner would be able to find us, but he did with ease and was very friendly.
The FOOD… Fresh Baked Goods, Breakfasts, Burgers, Dinners, Salads, Sandwiches, plenty of Vegan options
Of course I had to order the Blues Burger (Bleu Cheese Crumbles, sizzled Applewood Bacon and Swiss $10.99) and I also had to get the homemade BBQ Potato Chips as my side item. The fresh baked Bun served as the perfect pocket for the delicious Angus Beef Patty, the Bacon, the Cheese and the Lettuce, Tomato, Pickle. Did I finally find the ultimate blend of Taste, Quality, and Ingredients? I think so; this was the best Burger that I had in my five days of New Mexico! And to top it all off the Potato chips were thick, crispy and spiced to perfection, and I rounded out my meal with a huge slice of Coconut Cream Pie from the bakery. This was definitely the most enjoyable meal that I have had in a long time, and I cannot stop thinking about how much I enjoyed it.

Flying Star Cafe (Downtown) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment