Monday, October 17, 2011

Brian's Restaurant - Big Blue Burger


Located on Orange and Virginia in the heart of the Ivanhoe Village district Brian’s Restaurant has been a greasy spoon diner staple for many years. From what I understand they had a break in and were vandalized, forcing them to close and renovate. It seems as if they have been gone for about a year or so, but as of August 2011 they have reopened.
The ATMOSPHERE… No longer are there feelings that the place could use a good cleaning. It is new and sparkly, more spacious then ever, and seems to be able to seat many more hungry diners.
The SERVICE… Our server Janet was firey and full of personality, giving us great suggestions and great service. All of the servers seemed to work well together.
The FOOD… Just as good as I remembered from years ago. Basic Diner Food, but at Brian’s you seem to get a wider variety of selections and larger portions for slightly cheaper prices then other diners.
Once Janet told me that the Burgers are big, I decided on the Big Blue Burger (with Fries, Bleu Cheese, Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato, Mayo, Dill Pickles - $8.95) When it arrived I noticed that it came with onions (not in the description) but they were easy enough to pick off. It was HUGE, and really tasty. The beef patties are pressed out daily (a bonus for me, I am getting sick of frozen patties) and there were plenty of Bleu Cheese Crumbles on it to make me really happy! I left with a satisfied stomach and a joy in my heart knowing that Brian’s is back and better then ever!
On a side note the sign says “Best Sweet Buns in Town”, I noticed them on the menu and I can’t wait to go back and try them!
Brian's Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment