Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Dexter's of Winter Park - Greek Burger





Dexter’s has been going strong for around 25 years or so. I usually frequent the one in Thornton Park, however the other day I found myself at the Winter Park location.
The ATMOSPHERE… Nice décor, pleasant servers, be seated at a table or belly up to the bar.
The SERVICE… Dexter’s has standard service for a Winter Park restaurant.
The FOOD… Salads, Sandwiches, Fresh Pastas and ‘Dexter’s Traditionals” like Chicken Tortilla Pie and Baked Brie
Every time that I have dined at Dexter’s there is usually someone that orders the Sweet Potato or Cha-Cha Chips as an appetizer, they are awesome, so I was not upset when my dining partner ordered them at the start. They are crispy and delicious and are served with a couple of tasty dipping sauces. As I browsed what to order I saw that on the seasonal menu insert they were offering a Greek Burger (Ground Lamb Patty with Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, Tzatziki, Leaf Lettuce and Feta, served with French Fries) With all of these ingredients I thought it might be reminiscent of a Gyro so I decided to give it a try. A little skeptical because it was Lamb, I was unsure whether or not I would like it, but it turns out not only did I like it – I loved it! It was juicy and well seasoned with the perfect amounts of each topping. I ate every bite, even most of the Fries. I wish that it were on their menu all of the time because I would love to order it again, in fact I liked it so much that it makes me want to buy some ground Lamb and try to make Greek Burgers at home.
Good job Dexter’s.
Dexter's on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment