Saturday, October 15, 2011

Christo's Cafe - Bacon & Cheeseburger

Christo’s Café has been open in Orlando’s College Park district since 1970 and I have been going there for as long as I can remember.
The ATMOSPHERE… A Classic American Diner/ Greasy Spoon with limited parking and a recently added covered outdoor seating area. (Watch out for the birds)
The SERVICE… is what you would expect from a Diner, friendly service, no frills
The FOOD… Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Bacon and Eggs, Patty Melts, Burgers, Sandwiches, there is a dry erase board with the vegetables of the day (usually at least ten or twelve to chose from) and the sign outside always has a “Special of the Day” listed.
The Burger section of the menu stated in bold red letters “BEST BURGER IN TOWN” and you know I am always up for that challenge, so I ordered the Bacon and Cheeseburger (1/2 lb, $8.95). I ditched the onions and the mayo and ordered it well done (a usual thing that I do), and I also substituted Sweet Potato Fries for an additional $1. I watched the server and listened to the orders and the two tables after me also ordered Burgers. (Maybe they were the best in town?) When it arrived I was pleased with the presentation, three crispy pieces of bacon and two slices of melted cheese! The server had also brought out some apple butter for the fries, which was unusual for me, but quite delicious. I was so excited to take the first bite of my Burger! Sadly, the beef had very little flavor. It was as though it had not been seasoned at all. The plating was beautiful, all of the correct components were there, but when it actually came down to taste it was the lack of flavor that ruined it. Sorry – Not the BEST BURGER IN TOWN! I do enjoy Christo’s and will definitely continue to eat there, however I will just be sticking to Breakfast options from now on.

Christo's Café on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment