Monday, October 24, 2011

Beaver Street Brewery - Beaver Street Burger





Whenever I visit a new city I check out Urbanspoon.com to get ideas for places to eat. I usually try to go to whatever restaurant is rated #1 while I am in town. Since my time in Flagstaff was limited, I had to check out their #1 spot, which took me directly to Beaver Street Brewery.
The ATMOSPHERE… A historic building houses plenty of homemade Beers, Pool Tables and is full of locals.
The SERVICE… Whether you are there to eat a meal or just have a couple of Beers, their staff will see to it that you get what you want.
The FOOD… Starters, Soups and Chiles, Wood-fired Pizzas, Fondues and Platters, Sandwiches and Desserts
I opted to go with the Beaver Street Burger. (Our own special recipe! A half-pound patty of Angus ground chuck blended with garlic, fresh basil, and sun-dried tomatoes and grilled to perfection. Topped with Havarti cheese, lettuce, tomato, sliced red onions and a side of basil pesto mayonnaise. Served on a crispy, chewy bun.) It also came with fries and a pickle.
As I bit in to it, I realized that I would have liked for the flavors of all of the Burger’s ingredients (garlic, basil, sun-dried tomatoes) to be more pronounced because they were barely noticeable and the menu description had me all built up. However it still tasted really good, and since I had a little extra Pesto and Cream Cheese from my appetizer, I spread it on the bun and when that combined with the melted Havarti it really made for a nice Burger.

Beaver Street Brewery on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment