Sunday, May 19, 2013

B & B Junction


B&B Junction is a “Farm to Table” Burger joint that focuses on high quality grass fed local Beef. They are located on Fairbanks Avenue in the former location of 4 Rivers.


The set up is basically the same as when it was 4 Rivers, only now instead of getting your food “cafeteria style” they give you a number and then bring your food out to you.


The seating area is much nicer then before, and I think the parking is even a little better. (I try to go at slower times during the day so I still haven’t seen it too busy)


They offer a “Loyalty Rewards” card so when you spend a certain number of dollars there you automatically get $5 off of your next meal. I always like a little extra incentive!


They also have a decent “ever changing” selection of home-baked Desserts, I still have not tried any but I am always tempted.



Now on to the food….


The first time I went to B&B I had the #18 (House Made Veggie, Seasonal Wild Mushroom, Gruyere, Truffle Aioli, Watercress, Tomato, Whole Wheat Bun $8.5).
As I bit in to it I noticed that the Veggie Patty had some interesting flavors, it was unlike any “Veggie Burger” I had ever had! Possibly a bit of Curry Powder? Who knows? But I do know that I Love It!
I think that it is actually the Best Veggie Burger that I have ever had!


My friend ordered the #5 (House-Made Bourbon Ham, Pecan-Smoked Bacon, Over-Easy Fried Farm Egg, Brie, Brioche French Toast $9.5).
It looked really good and he was very pleased with it. He wasn’t expecting the Powdered Sugar, and would have preferred it not to be on there but enjoyed it nonetheless.

I also found it interesting that rather then asking how he wanted it cooked they just asked “Pink? or No Pink?”. I actually like that idea because some times I feel that people get too hung up on the cooking temperature and the bottom line is that want it either Well-Done or they want it somewhat Rare. This eliminates too many choices that sometimes are not fully understood in the first place.

I have been back to B&B three additional times and I have become quite a fan. I’d also like to add that I have already received a $5 off bonus, and I didn’t sign up for the card until my second visit!
I like their Veggie Patty so much that I can’t seem to order anything else, but you can substitute it on any of their delicious Burger Combinations!
To date my favorite has been the #3 (Blackening Spices, Creamy Blue, Fried Fennel, House Sauce, Butter Lettuce, Tomato $8.5).

 


With the Veggie Patty, the Blue Cheese and the Fried Fennel it makes the perfect flavor and texture combination and is pure Heaven!


I also must tell you to get the Salt and Pepper French Fries! Think Five Guys Fries but only without the Guilt and maybe even a little tastier!
You can get a side of them with your Burger for $2, but I would go ahead and get the large order for $5 especially if you are sharing.


They also make their own sauces.
They have Horseradish Mustard, but what I am in love with is their Homemade Ketchup!


It is a little Sweet and a little Spicy and I find it to be quite outstanding!


So if you are looking for a Burger experience that is Local, Fresh, and a little Different then I highly recommend B&B Junction!


B&B Junction on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment