Friday, May 24, 2013

Piccadilly Cafeteria


Piccadilly Cafeteria in the Volusia Mall is a place that I have been going to for at least 25 years. I probably haven’t actually been there in over ten years but my parents go there quite frequently. On a recent visit to Daytona my mother and I went there and it was exactly like I remembered.



As you go down the line you can pick what you would like to eat and the servers will dish it out and pass it to you.




There are plenty of Salads, Entrees, Side Dishes, Breads and Desserts to choose from.


The prices can’t be beat. My mother and I each had a Vegetable Plate (3 Side Items and a Bread) and then we shared. I think our bill with an Iced Tea came out to about $12. No wonder my parents dine here regularly.
My mom had Turnip Greens, Cabbage and Carrot Soufflé with a Soft Roll.
Their Carrot Soufflé is one of their signature dishes. It is very sweet and reminds me of Sweet Potato Casserole. 


I had Broccoli Cheese Casserole, Mac N Cheese and Black Eyed Peas with a Corn Bread Stick.




By the time we finished eating we were both stuffed and had each gotten to try 6 different things!  
Cafeteria style dining seems to be a dying thing, so being here was both nostalgic and a little bit sad as well. However by looking at their website I see that there are still tons of locations all over the country, and with the deals that are to be found I truly hope that Piccadilly will continue to thrive!

Piccadilly Cafeteria on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment