Monday, June 18, 2012

Bubbalous Bodacious Bar-B-Que


If you asked the locals what their favorite Bar-B-Que joint is, I bet many of them would say “Bubbalous Bodacious Bar-B-Que”. I have tried it a couple of times and really find it mediocre at best.


The ATMOSPHERE… Deer heads and on the walls and Cartoon Pigs decorate the spacious tin roof covered building.


The SERVICE… Order and pay at the counter, then eat your food at one of the picnic benches. Beware of the lunch rush where finding a seat can be scarce.
 The FOOD… All of your basic Bar-B-Que favorites such as Beef Brisket and Pulled Pork, but they also offer meats such as Lamb, Fried Catfish, Liver or Gizzards. In addition they have all of the standard side items like Collard Greens, Mac & Cheese, Black Eyed Peas and Garlic Bread.



I usually judge a Bar-B-Que restaurant by their Pulled Pork, so I decided on the Pulled Pork Sandwich Basket (with Fries and Beans $6.59) The Pork was served “Sauce Free” on a toasted Sub Roll. There were several Sauces on the table so that you can flavor your food as you like. Personally I like a Sweet Sauce but unfortunately I didn’t particularly care for their Sweet variety – It really wasn’t that sweet! The Pork itself was tender and juicy and if I liked the Sauce better I probably would have been more pleased. The Beans were a little on the bland side, but the Fries were pretty good.



I cannot say that Bubbalous is bad because it isn’t, but what I can say is that it is not the place for me. I can think of several other Bar-B-Que places where I enjoy the Food, Service and Atmosphere a whole lot more.

Bubbalou's Bodacious Bar-B-Que on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment