Thursday, June 21, 2012

Five Napkin Burger - Avocado Ranch


Knowing that I am a Burger Lover, a friend of mine recommended that the next time I was in New York that I try the place where he had his “All Time Favorite Burger”. As I looked up Five Napkin Burger, I saw that there were four New York locations, one of them being in Hell’s Kitchen near where I had some business to do. I also saw that Urbanspoon.com currently has it ranked as the #30 restaurant, so obviously I had to give it a try!



The ATMOSPHERE… Meat hooks and single light bulbs hang from the ceiling giving the place a little character. Seating options are plentiful.
The SERVICE… I got there just as the lunch rush was starting yet still my server was quick and attentive.
The FOOD… Although they do offer Appetizers, Sushi, Salads and Sandwiches, I can’t imagine going to Five Napkin Burger and not getting one of their signature Burgers!
They also have a full bar.



Although many of the Burgers looked amazing, I quickly decided on the Avocado – Ranch (Pepper Jack Cheese, 5N Guacamole, Lettuce, Tomato, Ranch Dressing, Sesame Brioche Roll served with Fries - $14.95)
Not only was it covered in plenty of Ooey Gooey Cheese and Fresh Guacamole, but it was slathered in Ranch so I knew that it was going to be a messy one. (It IS called Five Napkin Burger so this was expected) I thought it would be best to just cut the Enormous Burger in half to make it easier to eat. It was really delicious! The Beef was Thick and Juicy and the rest of the ingredients were all very good. (not my favorite bun choice, but that is just a personal preference) The Fries were really nice too; thin, crispy and well seasoned.


Although it is not the best Burger that I have ever had, I will say that it is the best that I have had in New York City. I’m very glad that I took my friend’s advice and gave them a try.



Five Napkin Burger on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment