Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Pho 88


The website for Pho 88 states that it is a “Family owned restaurant that offers a vast selection of authentic Vietnamese dishes.” I have enjoyed Vietnamese Cuisine on many occasions, but I will be the first to admit that I don’t know much about the cooking style and there are many dishes that I don’t want to try. This being said I do know what I like, and that would be Pho 88.


The ATMOSPHERE… Large dining room, I would guess around 20 or more tables
The SERVICE… Fast and efficient
The FOOD… Large menu with 146 items to choose from (not including drinks) Pho (Beef Noodle Soup) is what’s popular, but they also offer a number of Rice, Stir Fry, Noodle and Vegetarian dishes.

I have found what I like here and rarely differ from it.



I start with the #5 Shredded Pork Skin or Grilled Pork Spring Rolls (2) $3.75. They are thick and full of fresh, flavorful ingredients and the Peanut Sauce that comes with on the side is super good (Yes, I said it, Super Good).


Then for my entrée I get the #126, Spicy Honey Chicken (Chicken lightly battered, deep-fried to crisp with broccoli, onions,
and bell peppers sautéed in tangy honey sauce  $10.50)
The Chicken is crispy and the Sauce is sweet and savory. It’s like Chicken Candy! The Vegetables are always very fresh and I usually take home about half because the portion is quite large.
I don’t make it here that often but when I do it is such a treat, and even though I spend about $17 I don’t mind because I usually get two meals out of it!


Phở 88 on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment