Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Nikki's Place Southern Cuisine


Nikki’s Place Southern Cuisine is a “Soul Food” restaurant located right next to the 408 a couple of blocks East of Orange Blossom Trail. Run by Nick Aiken and named after his daughter Nikki (whom works there and is very nice) it has been open for years and does quite a business.



The ATMOSPHERE… Small with about eight tables and a counter with plenty of fans to keep the air circulating
The SERVICE… Of the two times I have been there I have had nothing but friendly and helpful service.
The FOOD… Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner are served. Baked Chicken, Fried Pork Chops, Ox Tails and Pig Ears. Don’t forget the sides including Collard Greens, Black Eyed Peas, Candied Yams and Mac & Cheese. Desserts include items like Sweet Potato Pie and Peach Cobbler.
I love going to Nikki’s Place and plan on visiting often and taking friends there. Keep in mind they are closed on Tuesdays (I have showed up on a Tuesday before and been disappointed)


The Tea is Sweet, the Corn Muffins are Moist and Delicious and the very first time I went there they brought out some Fried Carrot and Potato Peels, which were Amazing and Crunchy!



I have had both the Meatloaf and the Beef Stew and they were both OK, but what I most like about Nikki’s is the Sides.
The Mac & Cheese is Creamy, Homemade Goodness and you don’t need Dessert if you get the Candied Yams.


Their Okra and Tomatoes are better then my Mom's.


The Baked Beans are both Sweet and Savory, and left my mouth wanting more.


and try to save some room for the Peach Cobbler.

If you are wanting some “Stick-To-Your-Ribs” Food that is made with Love then give Nikk’is Place a try!


Nikki's Place Southern Cuisine on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment