Thursday, June 7, 2012

Yum-Mi Sandwiches - The Veganism


Yum-Mi Sandwiches is located on 1792 in the Vriginia/Mills area, and I’ve had some friends recommend that I give it a try.


The ATMOSPHERE… Spacious and clean, and there was plenty of parking in the back when we were there (2pm)
The SERVICE… Order at the counter and then they bring your food out to your table
The FOOD… .To tell you a little bit about it I quote their website… “serving yummy vietnamese sandwiches, also known as “bánh mì” to central florida! our sandwiches are made with fresh bread baked daily served with your desired meat and fixings!”
First off I would like to say that the most expensive thing on the menu is $7.95, but that most items run around $4 which definitely makes your lunch quite reasonable.


I decided to try their Marinated Grilled Chicken Spring Rolls (2 pieces, $3.75)
I have never been offered Chicken Spring Rolls before (usually just Pork or Shrimp) and they were fresh and flavorful and the quality of the chicken itself was very good. I actually cannot think of another Spring Roll that I have ever enjoyed more!


For my Sandwich (Bánh Mì) I decided on the Veganism (Fried Tofu, Bean Curd, Jicama, Carrots, Yam, Vermicelli $4.50)
I have tried different Bánh Mì in the past and I think that Yum-Mi probably has the best selection of Vietnamese Sandwiches anywhere.
Personally I am finding that I am not really a fan of this kind of sandwich because there always seems to be too much bread and not enough fillings. (Perhaps I am spoiled with American Over-Stuffed Subs) So basically Bánh Mì is Not for me!
That being said, if I Did want one then Yum-Mi would be the place to get it!


I also had an Avocado Freezer ($3.75) that was thick and creamy.

I would definitely like to go back and try some of there different types of Spring Rolls and Beverages. I also know several people who like this sort of food that I know will love it! 


Yum-Mì Sandwiches on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment