Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Cafeteria - Mac Attack


I have often wanted to dine at Cafeteria (located in Chelsea), and on my last trip to New York I took my parents there and we all loved it!



 The ATMOSPHERE… Stark white with brown tables give it a very modern setting. Large sliding garage doors open to join both inside and outside dining options when the weather is nice.
    The SERVICE… Friendly and attentive
    The FOOD… Open 24 hrs a day, they serve comfort food breakfasts, appetizers, sandwiches and dinners. There are a couple of steaks on the menu over $20, but most items run $10 - $15.


With so many menu items that I’m sure would have satisfied me, I had a hard time making a decision. I finally decided on the Mac Attack Tasting of All Three (Cheddar and Fontina, Smoked Gouda with Bacon, and Truffle Oil - $14)

I was extremely pleased with my decision because not only were all three absolutely delicious,but by sampling all three I could really taste the differences in each one.


The Cheddar and Fontina was a classic Mac and Cheese – creamy throughout with a crispy browned top.


The Truffle Oil Mac finally pointed out to me just exactly what Truffle Oil is – It is definitely an acquired taste – but one that I have realized that I love!


My favorite of all three had to be the Smoked Gouda with Bacon. Gouda is NOT one of my favorite cheeses, so I wouldn’t have expected to love this one so much, but something about the combination of the flavor of the Gouda mixed with the Crispy Bacon gave it a smoky deliciousness that was out of this world!


As you can see I ate every bite of all three and left with a big smile on my face!


My Dad had the Soup and Sammie (Cup of Tomato Basil Soup, ½ Cheddar Grilled Cheese with Slab Bacon and Thick Cut Tomato, Homemade Potato Chips - $9)
I was very glad that he ordered this because it was my second choice and this way I would get to try his. It was so good!


My Mom had the Roasted Beet Salad (Haricot Vert, Crumbled Blue Cheese, Candied Hazelnuts, Fig Balsamic - $11)
Of course I had to try it as well, Sweet and Savory and surprisingly Filling!


To drink she also had an Apricot Palmer, which was definitely worth mentioning, Sweet and Syrupy it was almost like drinking candy.


Then for Dessert we all agreed on the White Chocolate Raspberry Bread Pudding, served with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream and a fresh sprig of Mint we consumed it less then one minute flat!
Our total bill (including tip) was only $65. I had wanted to try Cafeteria for a long time and hoped that it would live up to my expectations. Sometimes a restaurant is better in theory then in actuality, however Cafeteria was even better then I was hoping for. I will gladly return and would encourage any of you reading this to please give it a try!


Cafeteria on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment