Saturday, June 9, 2012

Ellen's Stardust Diner - Blue Suede Burger


Ellen’s Stardust Diner is a ‘50s Style Retro Diner located in the Broadway district (right next to Mama Mia) that features singing waiters and waitresses. My parents insist on going every time we visit New York City and I although part of me feels like it is a tourist trap, the other part of me always enjoys the show and the food is not half bad!



The ATMOSPHERE… This Two-Story diner will give happy and nostalgic feelings to anyone who was alive in the ‘50s.
The SERVICE… Uniformed servers will take your order between taking the Mic and Singing hits from yesterday and today on top of the booths around you!
The FOOD… Breakfasts, Soups, Salads, Jumbo Sandwiches, Burgers, Pastas, Steaks and Classic Diner Blue Plate Specials


I decided on the Blue Suede Burger (Topped with Maytag Blue Cheese and Apple Smoked Bacon $16.75) also served with your standard Homemade Bun, Fries, Pickle, Lettuce and Tomato.



As I took my first bite I was actually just hoping for mediocre, but was surprised to find that it was really good. The Beef was fresh and so were all of the other ingredients. The Waffle Fries were crispy and delicious.

If I had to have a complaint it would be that the meals here are a bit pricey, but when you consider the location and the fact that you are also getting a show (with top notch singing by Broadway hopefuls) then I actually think you are getting quite a deal!


Ellen's Stardust Diner on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I was wondering if I could use one of your pictures for my blog? Mine didn't turn out very well! My email is gw@thegingerwarrior.com and my blog is www.thegingerwarrior.com. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete