Friday, April 5, 2013

Fred's Southern Kitchen


Some friends of mine from Lakeland were telling me how great Fred’s Southern Kitchen was, but for some reason I was thinking they were talking about Buddy Freddy’s (which I think is just OK). Once I looked at their website and realized that these were two completely different places I knew that I had to go there.


There buffet line consists of home style country cooking that are all served right out of the cast iron skillets they were prepared in.


They serve dishes like Fried Chicken, Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes with several Gravy choices, Multiple Vegetable Dishes and homemade Yeast Rolls.
They also have a decent sized Salad Bar and plenty of mouth watering Desserts.
You can choose the full buffet or the vegetarian buffet for slightly cheaper.


 I chose the Vegetarian Buffet and was so pleased with everything that I had.
Some standout dishes were the Corn Casserole, Sweet Potato Casserole and the Fried Green Tomatoes.


They also have the greatest feature that I have ever heard of… You get a cheaper price if you clean your plate (about $3 off)! I love this part because every time I have been to any buffet restaurant it always makes me a little angry when I see people pile up their plate and then not finish it. What a waste! So here at Fred’s you are rewarded for finishing your plate, and that alone makes me want to return (and the fact that the food is delicious!)
 
Fred's Southern Kitchen on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment