Thursday, April 4, 2013

Soup to Nuts


Soup to Nuts Diner in Tavares, Florida is somewhere that I have been several years ago with my mother. They have been recently featured on Restaurant Impossible and have had the Robert Irvine makeover, and I went back to visit it before the show aired, but after the renovations. 
 

I must say that although it does look a little better inside, the improvements they made to the décor of the place appear to be “thrown together” and unimpressive.
The “new look” also doesn’t really fit the clientele of Soup to Nuts. On a side note the bathrooms have not been upgraded at all.


We went for Breakfast, and we seemed to be the only ones there under the age of 65 (other then the staff).



I had the Veggie Omelette (Broccoli, Mushrooms, Tomatoes and Onions) with Home Fries and a Biscuit ($5.89)


and my friend had the Country Boy Omelette (Bacon, Ham, Cheddar Cheese, Onions and Hash Browns Inside an Omelette and topped with Sausage Gravy) with Home Fries and Toast ($7.59) and we each had a drink. 
I must say that the food was really good. We both thoroughly enjoyed our breakfasts and both meals with tax came to less then $19. At most Diners breakfast for two is usually around $25 so that was a definite bonus.

Overall this is not a "great dining experience" however for a "Diner" I can say that the food is good and the price is right!
You will definitely get your moneys worth and you will leave full and happy, so who cares about the rest?


Soup to Nuts Diner on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment