Thursday, April 18, 2013

Jose's Real Cuban Food


After seeing Jose’s Real Cuban Food on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives, and then finding myself staying overnight in Bradenton it only made sense that I give them a try. I love Cuban food because if it is done right it always packs in the flavor, without being too “ethnically spicy”.


Upon entering we were greeted and quickly given a sampling of their Pork.


Although it was delicious I had already seen the menu and knew that I wanted the Ropa Vieja (“Old Clothes” or Shredded Brisket in Tomato sauce, Black Beans and Rice and Plantains $10.95)


The Brisket was tender, flavorful and was portioned generously, however there was a little too much fat in it for my likings.
The Plantains were sweet and crispy, and the Black Beans were some of the best Black Beans that I have ever had.
All in all I was very pleased with this meal.


I also got a side of Yucca Frita ($3.95) that was also really crispy and was served with a couple of homemade dipping sauces. Really tasty.


The Service was really great and Jose himself came by to check on us.
I highly recommend this place for authentic Cuban Cuisine.

Jose's Real Cuban Food on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment