Sunday, April 7, 2013

Over Easy Cafe


While staying in Fort Myers we took a day trip out to Sanibel Island, as we passed several places to eat lunch ultimately we decided on the Over Easy Café.


They offer both indoor and outdoor dining, and this day there was about a 25 minute wait for first available. We got seated outside which turned out to be great because the weather was very nice.


They are open 7am until 3pm and since you could order Breakfast all day I decided on the Farmers Skillet (Grilled Breakfast Potatoes, Mushrooms, Onions, Tomatoes and Bell Peppers with Cheddar Jack Cheese, topped with 2 Eggs your way and your choice of Toast $8.99).


The portion size was good and everything tasted fresh. The Sourdough Toast was thick and hearty. (Sometimes the Toast is my favorite part of the breakfast)


My friend ordered the Summer Salad Wrap (Mixed Greens, Mandarin Oranges, Strawberries, Dried Cranberries, Red Onions, Bleu Cheese, Candied Pecans, Crispy Chow Mein Noodles tossed with Raspberry Pecan Dressing in a Flour Tortilla $8.99). It also came with a side item and he selected the Pasta Salad.


He didn’t love his meal (it was not what he expected it to be) so we switched half way through and I really enjoyed his meal too. It was very sweet and quite messy.


Then for Dessert I got Sticky Orange Roll ($3.99) I loved it! It was very citrusy like I was hoping for, and sweet – but not Cinnamon Roll sweet!
The rest of Sanibel Island was a bit of a let down – but when I look back at it I will always remember the Over Easy Café as being the highlight!

Over Easy Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment